Bathroom Remodeling and Kitchen Repair – Comprehensive Guideline
Kitchen and bathroom remodeling are two of the most important upgrades that you can make to improve the appearance of your home. Remodeling the kitchen and bath is the most difficult rooms in the house. This involves finding the right elements to make your day easier.
This article will show you how to make your bathroom and kitchen more functional.
- Make your bathroom feel like a room. No lining fixtures against walls. You need to make sure you have enough room to move around, since you only have a small amount of legroom. Instead of covering your bathroom fixtures with linings, arrange different functional areas around one central space to give it a spacious feel and atmosphere.
- Be proportionate – Remember that your main concern in the bathroom must be addressed by the design. Your bathroom should not be larger than your bedroom. It may be a relaxing space that you enjoy for a while, but it shouldn’t be the only place you use all day.
- Lighting requirements – There are many activities that take place in this area of the house during the day so it is important to have the right lighting. You can only ensure sufficient light in your kitchen by arranging your furniture in layers and spreading them throughout the space.
- Functional kitchen with practical cabinets – While aesthetic beauty is important, functionality is more important. If you are planning to remodel your kitchen, ensure that you choose cabinets that combine both beauty and utility.
How do you style your bathroom? The Bathroom Home Improvement Guide
It is not easy to come up with a bathroom renovation plan. The budget is of paramount importance to homeowners, as well as the functionality. These elements can help you make your bathroom look amazing.
- Maximize sunlight while keeping confidentiality – If privacy is a problem in your bathroom, you might consider an acrylic-block awning or tubular skylight. These windows not only offer privacy, but they also let in fresh air and are less likely to leak.
- Replacing the crammed bathtub/shower combination. Don’t you think it is time to get rid of that old style? Glass shower doors will allow you to make your bathroom look bigger and more open, instead of dividing it visually.
- Use large tiles – For small bathrooms, one effective bathroom renovation is to use large tiles with narrow grout lines. This makes the room appear larger and more spacious. Large tiles are also easier to clean than smaller ones.
- Dual-flush toilet upgrade – It is important to control how much water flows through a regular toilet flush. A dual flush will make it more efficient. Functionality doesn’t necessarily have to compromise on style.
5 Small Bathroom Remodeling Ideas
It’s not always about making a small bathroom appear larger. While many homeowners would love to increase the square footage of their bathroom, it is often not possible due to restrictions on property size, zoning, permits, or money.
Increase ceiling height
This is a tiny bathroom, but it’s true. Although it appears small, it actually looks quite spacious. It can’t be larger than 50 square feet (five feet wide by ten feet long), if you examine the floor tiles.
What is it about the window that allows light in? This eye-catching matrix of 48 clear blocks allows light to pass through while still keeping privacy. The high ceiling creates an illusion of space. Although cathedral ceilings are not for everyone, they can be a great addition to any room. Although tall ceilings can be a huge energy-saver when they are large, it is not as bad when they are small.
This double sink arrangement is a great option for a modern small bathroom. It can be mounted on a cantilevered counter. These lines highlight the unique fixtures and the precise geometry of deep basin sinks.
A Stylish Tub is a Showpiece
Over the years, bathtubs have advanced significantly. They are no longer limited to boring, narrow, or short tubs that very few people want to use. Although a wall-mounted standard tub may seem to be a space-saver for most people, it requires walls on three sides and takes up space.
Why not hide the tub? The tub will become the focal point of your room if you spend more money on it. This tub is a double-ended tub with fixtures in the middle. You can lay on your left side at night and see the stars through the skylight. You can also recline in the opposite direction during the day so that the light from the windows shines onto your book or magazine.
A second small bathroom strategy is to use minimal decorations. This bathroom is minimalistic with only a wall cabinet, large windows and a few other decorations.
To increase light levels, strategically use mirrors
Nearly every bathroom has a mirror above the vanity. This is because we need to be able see ourselves.
Mirrors in bathrooms can serve a secondary purpose. Mirrors can be used to expand the bathroom’s visual space, as they do in other rooms of the house. They create the illusion of more space and increase the available light.
The tub’s one end is against the wall. This effectively hides the drain and supply pipes. This creates the problem of the bather facing the wall. A mirror is mounted on the wall to allow bathers to view the space behind the tub while they soak. Mirrors reflect light and brighten the room.
For a brighter effect, pair bathroom mirrors with lighter-colored walls. Drywall is easy to paint. Bathrooms should be painted with semi-gloss, eggshell, or satin paint.
Cover the Toilet Tank and Pedestal
Wall-hung toilets look almost unreal. What’s the secret to wall-hung toilets looking so sleek? Two of the space-wasting components are missing.
The tank is missing from the bowl’s back if you look closely. Although there is a tank, it is actually hidden by the wall finish and built into the wall studs. For small bathrooms, the best thing is the reclaimed space that would normally go to the toilet tank.
Wall-hung toilets don’t require a pedestal or a floor base and take up less space.
Utilize a medicine cabinet to unlock hidden space
Medicine cabinets can be seen as old, creaky and rusty. Because older medicine cabinets were made from thin sheet metal, which scratched easily and had doors with low-quality hinges, they can be difficult to use. Modern medicine cabinets are spacious and made from high-quality wood and durable tempered glass and sink deep into the bathroom wall.
This modern medicine cabinet is made from dark wood. It has three shelves and a sleek, linear design. The glass almost reaches the cabinet’s edges.
Although many medicine cabinets can be recessed, this cabinet can be mounted on a flat surface. Recessed medicine cabinets can be fitted with shelf compartments that fit into the wall, allowing for even more storage space.